Meru Publishing specialises in books about Ethiopia.
The website is dedicated to Ethiopia and the growing demand for books about that fascinating country.
Other exciting books are in preparation and will be added to the website in due course.
Travel Guide: Ethiopia Travellers' Handbook
by Trevor Jenner
Ethiopia Travellers' Handbook is a travel guide conceived for the discerning traveller, the group and package tourist, and those people wishing to have a quick reference guide with a range of facts at their fingertips.
Full colour, 448 pages, over 600 images
Joanna Lumley –
Your absolutely stunning book has made me think of all I missed and reinforced my determination to return to Ethiopia. The book is a masterpiece, a masterclass on what every handbook should be.
Globetrotters Club Member –
In my experience I found that ‘Travellers Handbook’ helped me through most of the confusing situations while travelling due to its extensive, up to date and in-depth information on history, people, myths, the political situation, topography, religion, language and all the practicalities you need to know before you go and when you get there. It even has a whole chapter on fauna!
Mammals Of Ethiopia
by Trevor Jenner
This long awaited Field Guide to the Larger Mammals of the Horn of Africa depicts some of the world’s rarest mammals. All of the larger mammals of the Horn of Africa are illustrated including all of the endemics such as: Ethiopian wolf, gelada, Bale monkey, Starck’s hare, giant mole-rat, Somali wild ass, mountain nyala, beira, silver dikdik, Speke’s gazelle, Soemmerring’s gazelle, Dibatag and Walia ibex.
- The long awaited first field guide of the larger mammals of the Horn of Africa
- Some of the world’s rarest mammals depicted in full colour with fully descriptive text and distribution maps
- Diagnostic notes to separate similar species
- More than 350 high quality images and maps
- All of the larger endemic mammals of the Horn of Africa described and illustrated
- Distribution maps for each species
- Up to date information on the little known and endangered mammals of the Horn of Africa
- Input of data from from specialist experts worldwide
- Designed to be easy to use and to enable quick species reference